Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm still alive! And less fat!!

Wow. It's been like 45 days since I updated this. Thankfully, I'm still working hard training and eating right. I'm now down around 35lbs! I've got about 25lbs to go, then I'll reassess where I'm at. But, during the month of April, I spent more time on the bike, scheduled some strength training AND finally registered and got started with an all women triathlon group! Whew!

Other good stuff though, I've been realizing that I could be half way decent at this triathlon thing! Having the swimming background, I'm not nervous about the swim like most are. I was most nervous about the bike, but having rode with a friend (and accomplished cyclist) she says I'm at a way better starting point than I think I am. The run? Only 3.1mi... piece o' cake! Although, I did have a dream the other night that I was on my final kick in the run and my legs wouldn't work... 

Anyhoo, since we're at the beginning of a new month, May, here's what I'm going to accomplish:

- On the diet front, May is my last solid month of dieting, until July. Since I have a half marathon in late June, I'm going to be eating more around maintenance just before and after the race (dieting other times.) I'm just going to make sure that I'm writing EVERYTHING down. If I don't track my eating, calories and extra bites tend to sneak up on me. I usually make healthy choices, but really, even if you're eating more calories healthy or not, you're just not really going to burn 'em.

- Workouts - I've got all my workouts planned from now until August (when the tri is.) May is a real running focus month, with swim workouts weekly and 1-2 long bike rides per week. 

- May is Bike Month! So, to celebrate Bike to Work day on Friday, May 21, I'm going to just ride my bike to work all dang month. Aside, it's going to help me as I don't have to buy an $85 parking pass AND I'll be getting more comfortable and more fit on my bike.  


I think that's it for now, I'll try to stay on this thing more as we get into the heat of training season.



 

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com